Hitachi's DS18DFLS 18-volt lithium ion drill kit features 1.5Ah lithium ion post-style batteries that can be charged and recharged up to 1,500 times. This battery makes the overall weight of the drill significantly lighter than other models (over 40 percent.
The two-piece magnet motor delivers 374 in/lbs of torque to power through even the toughest jobs with ease. The DS18DFLS comes with two 1.5Ah post-style batteries that last approximately three times longer than NiMH or NiCd batteries, meaning you don’t have to replace the batteries as often -- which will save you money. Hitachi’s lithium ion batteries maintain a steady charge from the moment the trigger is pulled until it’s time to recharge. For the full duration of the charge, you'll enjoy maximum performance.
- Uses post batteries
- Comes with two (2) 1.5Ah 18-volt post-style batteries which can be charged and recharged approximately 1,500 times (as opposed to 500 times with traditional batteries) saving money in the long run
- Lithium ion batteries make the overall weight of the drill significantly lighter for less fatigue
- Lithium Ion batteries maintain a steady charge from the moment the trigger is pulled till they need to be recharged-ensuring full power during use
- Compact size and lightweight design (3.7 lbs) reduces end user fatigue and fits easily into tight or overhead spaces
- Two-piece magnet motor produces 374 in/lbs of torque to power through the toughest jobs
- 1/2" keyless chuck allows for quick and easy bit changes
- Two-speed transmission controlled by a one-touch knob, allows a choice between 0-400 or 0-1200 RPM
- Belt hook with integrated bit holder saves time and adds convenience
- 22-stage clutch for high torque and/or precision driving
- Soft, non-slip elastomer grip for increased user comfort and safety
- Two (2) 18-Volt 1.5Ah post-style batteries
- Quick Charger
- Carrying Case
- Torque...374 in/lbs
- No-load RPM...0-400/0-1,200
- Chuck Capacity...1/2"
- Battery Capacity...1.5Ah
- Battery style... Post
- Charging Time...30 min
- Weight...3.7 lbs
- Belt Hook...Yes
Similar Items - Hot Sellers
Product works great and I'm happy!
Today was the first time I used the drill/driver for an extended period of time. One of the batteries performed as expected. I was rescrewing some deck boards in the same holes as before. when the first battery ran out after a couple of hours I switched to the other battery, which I had just removed from the charger where it had been for a couple of days. The second battery only screwed in a couple of screws an d then it would not drive any more. I had suspected there something wrong with one of the batteries but had only used the drill previously for short periods of time. The drill/driver and one of the batteries has met my expectations but I seem to have gotten a dude for one of the batteries. I think the battery that will not charge needs to be replaced. My raing would be higher if the 2nd battery would perform like the first battery
bell buckle, TN
Battery dead. Light seems cheap drill worked good then clutch start skipping
Good stuff. I like the feel of this drill, and bought the kit to get the (low-priced spare) battery which comes with the useless incandescent flashlight (I will convert one to LED for increased utility and battery life.) Essentially the same as the NiCad version, I bought two of these because the batteries are interchangeable with those. So I consider this as having enough batteries to have 2 tools working continuously as a set of batteries are always charged, plus spare replacement drills in case of loss or damage. Cheaper than just buying spare batteries, too.
I had the same drill two years ago with the slide on batteries and thought this one was the same, but it has a different battery altogether; I can't use my other batteries with it and these batteries don't seem to last as long. I am going to continue to use it as I am in the middle of a house remodel project. It is still a great product and I find that the Hitachi is the best on the market. Speedy delivery.
When I ordered this tool I understood it to be a 18volt slide battery tool. When I received it, it was not. Had I known it was not a slide battery tool I would not have purchased it.