Purchase the Hitachi C8FSE 8-1/2" Sliding Compound Miter Saw (Reconditioned)and the Hitachi 998862 8-1/2" X 60 Tooth Carbide Tipped Circular Saw Blade to receive 10% off.
- Positive miter stops for quick adjustments to 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° to the left and right.
- Precise compound cuts with 48° bevel angle left and 5° bevel angle right
- Only 31lbs for lightweight portability
- Powered by a 9.5Amp motor with a no-load speed of 5,500RPM to smoothly handle the toughest cutting applications
- Sturdy construction stands up to jobsite travel and tough high-volume tasks wihile retaining accurate measurements
- Easy-to-read measurements and quick settings on miter and bevel scales
- Linear ball bearing slide system for superior accuracy and ease of use
- Vertical handle with soft, vibration reducing elastomer grip
- Electronic speed control for consistant RPM while cutting for maximum control
- Adjustable pivot fence broadly supports work piece, such as crown molding lying flat, for improved stability while cutting
- Splinter guard reduces tear out and increases user safety
- Externally replaceable carbon brushes for prolonged life of the tool
- Dust collector attachment minimizes airborne particles
- Compatible with the UU610 and UU610CZ Universal Work Stations
- General Specs
- Saw Blade Diameter: 8-1/2 Inches
- Saw Blade Teeth: 24
- Power Input: 1,050
- No-load Speed: 5,500
- Soft Grip Handle: Yes
- Sub-fence: Rotation Type
- Weight: 31 Pounds
- Cutting Specs
- Cross cut at 90° : 2-9/16 x 12 Inches
- Miter right/left at 45° : 2-9/16 x 8-21/32 Inches
- Left Bevel at 45° : 1-25/32 x 12 Inches
- Miter R/L at 45° + Bevel left 45° : 1-25/32 x 8-21/32 Inches
- Miter Cutting Ranges Right: 0 to 57°
- Miter Cutting Ranges Left: 0 to 45°
- Bevel Cutting Ranges Right: 0 to 5°
- Bevel Cutting Ranges Left: 0 to 48°
- One (1) 8-1/2" Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- One (1) 8-1/2" TCT Saw Blade
- One (1) Dust Bag
- One (1) Vise Assembly
- One (1) Box Wrench (10mm)
- One (1) Sub Fence
In order to keep costs low and to minimize our impact on the environment, we do not ship owner's manuals with reconditioned tools. We've tried to provide links to
the owner's manuals below where possible. If you don't see the links below, please refer to the manufacturer's website.
Similar Items - Hot Sellers
I bought this"classic" slider because I remember how incredible my Japanese Hitachi slider was back in the 90's when I was using this saw exclusively for my highest end trim jobs. It could be counted on to cut straight with no vibration, and was easily tuned to ensure the highest accuracy.
Well, Hitachi was bought by China and subsequently the quality has gone down the toilet. THe problems with this saw include:
1. height differences in the fence and the angle table that are NOT correctable, unless you have a CCM in your garage and can hone the full 1/16th differential out. The result of this height differential are front side blowouts that not only destroy the product being cut, but are kinda dangerous.
2. The arbor/ spindle are not what they used to be. Although my arbor was straight, under load it produces significant vibration.The result? Forget perfect accuracy.
3. Hitachi pioneered the dual slider mechanism. Their older saws are rock solid stable still after 20 years. The current sliders are a hack job non sealed bearing mechanism making for choppy performance after a few jobs.
4. the vertical fence cannot be adjusted more than maybe a 1/16th. Really? Yes, really.
Bottom line? If you are a paint grade tract trimmer that needs a lightweight slider that will hack through MDF all day long, then get it. If you are dealing with stain grade trim and/or cabinetry and you get this saw, get ready to cry.
Florida , NY
Great saw , make my living as a finish carpenter so I know good tools when I use them .
Great product very happy love the bigsky deals look forward to doing more buisness with u
It's great will be ordering another soon
Nice easy to move good practile tool
Have just had the time to use my saw and it is great,looks and works like new would buy again
The motor stopped running after 1/2 bag of sawdust.My printer is not working,therefor I have no paper receipt to present to a repair shop.Could you send a receipt via USPS. Thanks Harold J. Fast 16325 W. 8th. Ave. Golden, Co. 303-905-5850
It's really done a great job for me. I like the 8 1/2" blade because it cuts truer than the 10 & 12" blades.
I like the miter saw and it works fine. The dust collection system on it is not as good as my older hitachi miter saw. The saw had a funny smell like the brushes were burning when I first started using it. I probably would not buy another reconditioned saw but so far this one is ok.
Elk Horn, IA
Does everything that i need it to do. Cuts for framing, flooring, and trim.
well sparks like crazy flew out of the motor the first time a cut a compound miter and the blade guard is warped bad , it just stays up stuck. Not real happy
So far the saw has worked flawlessly. Obviously won't cut as thick of a piece of lumber as the larger bladed saws, but I knew that before purchasing it.
first one I recieved was bad. 2nd one is here and running great. Thanks for your support.
The saw works perfectly, can't tell it is a reconditioned saw. Portability is great with its compact size & low weight.Completely satisfied.
Purfect! Saw does precisely what it is supposed to do. It was accurate out of the box, which is always a big concern, didn't have to adjust a thing!
Very pleased with this saw, so pleased I purchased another.
Montgomery , IL
very pleased with the saw and the service.
View More Reviews...